For some weird reason I was starving tonight. Ravenous. I-could-eat-an-entire-cow type of hungry. Now that I think about it, I only really grazed throughout the day as it was pretty hot outside and when I am warm I don’t want to eat much.
After my run I wanted some spicy and veggie filled but something that would still have a kick of protein as well. I had a ton of veggies in my fridge and since I am heading to NYC on Wednesday I figured that I should clear out as much as possible before then.
I present to you…Rainbow Wraps.
Rainbow WrapsMakes 2
2 large romaine leaves
1/2 C baby kale, chopped
1/2 mango, diced
1 tsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 avocado, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
12 shrimp, devined and tails removed
1/2 C pineapple juice
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 C lime juice
1/2 tsp smoked chipotle pepper
1. In a small dish combine together the pineapple juice, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, smoked chipotle pepper, lime juice, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate for at leas 30 minutes.
2. For the guacamole mixture: in a small bowl mash together the avocado, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice and set aside.
3. In another small bowl combine the kale, peppers, cucumber, and mango and set aside
4. On a grill or over medium heat in a cast iron skillet cook shrimp until pink (about 4 minutes)
5. Assemble the wraps: Smear the guacamole mixture on a romaine leaf, top with the rainbow slaw and then finish off with the shrimp
6. Eat and enjoy!