I have officially had a romantic comedy movie moment. It was a series of choices that I made this morning that got me to a certain thirty second interaction at Starbucks and evidently one of my most awkward moments as of late.
Below is a play-by-play:
1) I went to my gym and had an amazing workout. I spent a lot of time with kettlebells, the prowler and finished with twenty minutes of stretching with a foam roller. I felt quite accomplished afterwards! Note: This is not where it all fell off but I need to start at the beginning
2) I showered at the gym-this is a rare occurrence but I did not want to go outside all sweaty in two degree weather
3) I realized that I forgot my bra and I only had my grimy sports bra and I did not under any circumstances want to put that TaTa Tamer back on! I decided to go without it. Now you may see where this is going…
4) My girl friend offered me a ride home so I threw my bag and jacket in the backseat and climbed in to the passenger seat. My hair was a damp mess, I was still flushed from my workout and I’m makeupless. Note: I am a hot mess
5) We decided we needed coffee so off to Starbucks! We decided to run in and grab some coffee. Note: I have completely forgotten that I am not wearing a bra at this point-only a hoodie-and leave my jacket in the car.
6) I grab my coffee and make my way over to the condiment stand when I hear a familiar voice that I have not heard in over a year
7) I start to tremble and I look up to see my him…the one who moved halfway around the world and I was confident that I would not have to ever see him again. We make eye contact. Oh no, this is going to be bad.
8) He says “Hi” and instead of saying something normal I say “You’re supposed to be in AUSTRALIA!” This was an out of body experience that had me screaming at myself in my head! Stupid, stupid, stupid!
9) I turn the colour of a tomato just in time for him to smile (that stupid amazing smile) and say “Nice to see you too.”
10) I mumbled something incoherent and then rush back to the car.
We broke up almost two years ago and I am so proud of where I am at right now; I have a career, I have great friends and family. But, there is just something horribly wonderful about that smile and those green eyes. I think we all have one of those people, the ones that leave you weak in the knees and you hate them for it. But I am a big girl and I can handle it!
Lessons learned for today:
1) Wear a bra at all times
2) Chocolate helps heal all woes-including embarrassment-The Almond Joy Bites below help with this